Daily Bush/Game drives are available and the following animals may be viewed:
- Most antelope (including the endangered Oribi buck)
- Black Back Jackal
- Samango Monkey (indigenous to the Gorge)
- Warthogs and Bush Pigs
Over 255 bird species are found in the Gorge area, with a detailed list available on our homepage. A few of our favourites include:
- Ground Hornbill
- Trumpeter Hornbill
- African Fish Eagle
- Martial Eagle
- Crowned Eagle
- The Cape Vulture
- Jackal Buzzard
- Yellow Billed Kite
- Egyptian and Spur-winged Goose
- Crowned Crane
- Malachite Kingfisher
- There are several hiking trails in the Oribi Gorge under the canopy of our indigenous forests, along the Mzimkulwana River OR up to Hoe Poe Falls.
- Mountain bikers will love the various trails along the escarpment with the wildlife keeping them company.
- Slide across the Oribi Gorge on our 4.5km zip line – the longest, fastest and highest in Africa!
- For the golf enthusiast, there are several sought-after courses just a 50-minute drive from our lodge.
- Although a bush lodge, The Gorge Private Lodge & Spa is 35 minutes away rom three sun-drenched beaches with a blue flag status. Swimming is safe, and the warm Indian Ocean makes swimming possible all year round.
- Join us on a scenic excursion sitting on the edge of the sandstone cliffs, viewing a colony of some 150 Cape Vultures as they go about their daily routine in their natural habitat.